A brief history of DTZ
DTZ has been providing property services for over 225 years.
The expansion of the business has come as a result of organic growth and targeted acquisitions. We are committed to continue growing in regions and sectors that serve the changing and individual needs of our current and future clients.
- 1784 DTZ Founding predecessor firm, Cheshire Gibson, established in Birmingham, UK
- 1853 Beginnings in London with second predecessor Debenham and Tewson
- 1987 Listed on the London stock exchange as Debenham, Tewson & Chinnocks
- 1993 The formation of the DTZ name with the European joint venture of Debenham Tewson & Chinnocks; Jean Thouard of France; and Zadelhoff Group in Germany and the Netherlands
- 1994 UGL Listed on Australian stock exchange as United Construction Group
- 1998 UGL acquires facilities management firm Kilpatrick Green
- 1999 DTZ extends to Asia with equity exchange partnership with CY Leung & Co and Edmund Tie & Co and the holdings company is renamed DTZ Holdings plc
- 2002 UGL acquires Knight Frank Price Waterhouse (KFPW); merges KFPW with Kilpatrick Green
- 2005 UGL acquires Singapore-based Premas International
- 2006 UGL acquires Chicago based corporate real estate business Equis Corporation, establishing a presence throughout the United States
- 2007 UGL acquires Boston-based facilities services business Unicco Service Company
- 2011 UGL acquires all the trading operations of United Kingdom-based DTZ, expanding globally to 52 countries, and solidifying global property service presence
- 2012 UGL ‘s property services business and DTZ re-brand to ‘DTZ, a UGL company’.
Founding dates of legacy companies:
- 1784 DTZ founded
- 1849 PriceWaterhouse founded by Samuel Lowell Price
- 1949 Unicco founded
- 1976 Premas founded
- 1984 Equis founded